This is a short entry for those other Sun employees who have 64-bit Windows machines at home who wish to be able to connect to SWAN via the VPN without resorting to running OpenSolaris or Linux inside a VM.
Cisco do not provide a 64-bit compatible VPN client for free. However, a third party, Shrew Soft, do. Shrew Access Manager can be downloaded from http://www.shrew.net/download/vpn - I can confirm that development build 2.1.5-rc4 definitely connects to SWAN on Windows 7 release.
The steps to configure this are very basic:
- Download and install Shrew Access Manager (http://www.shrew.net/download/vpn)
- Visit the Sun download library (https://downloadlibrary.central.sun.com/) and download vpn_client_profiles.tar.gz. This file can be found by following the download trail for VPN 3000 and selecting Linux as the client
- Extract the relevant pcf file for your GEO (in my case this is EMEA_UK.pcf)
- From Shrew Access Manager select File->Import to import the relevant pcf file
- Connect and enter your Sun VPN userid and provide a token generated with button 8 on the token card
It's also worth pointing out that I also have Punchin configured, so ITOps have a public certificate for me on file.